How do you feel about the introduced legislation to increase Ontario’s general minimum wage from $11.40 per hour to:
$11.60 per hour on October 1, 2017 (already announced in March 2017)
$14 per hour on January 1, 2018
$15 per hour on January 1, 2019
This sounds like amazing news for employees that are currently earning minimum wage!
However, will we start to see more self checkout counters in stores and supermarkets? Will employers start cutting employee hours? Will products start to become more expensive to cover the increase in salaries?
I am looking to hire a caregiver for my mom.
What are the usual duties and expectations of a senior caregiver?
Thanks for reaching out to us. Hiring a new elder caregiver for your Mom is an imporatant job that will grealy improve her quality of life.
Here’s are some duties you can expect from a senior caregiver.
* Help getting dressed
* Help with bathing and grooming, brushing teeth and hair, denture care, makeup, nail care
* Help in the bathroom as needed
* Kitchen help, meal prep, serving and feeding
* Shopping for food and household needs
* Basic housekeeping
* Managing medication, going to Dr’s appointments
* Providing mental stimulation, playing games, going for walks, social interaction, love, companionship